20140128

Two households, both alike in dignity,
 In fair Verona, where we lay our scene,
From ancient grudge break to new mutiny,
  Where civil blood makes civil hands unclean.
From forth the fatal loins of these two foes
  A pair of star-cross’d lovers take their life;
Whose misadventur’d piteous overthrows
  Do with their death bury their parents’ strife.
The fearful passage of their death-mark’d love,
  And the continuance of their parents’ rage,
Which, but their children’s end, nought could remove,
  Is now the two hours’ traffick of our stage;
The which if you with patient ears attend,
What here shall miss, our toil shall strive to mend. 


Romeo and Juliet is a fantastic play/story written by the famous Shakespeare. So far from what we have read I have liked it and found the way they spoke during that age quite entertaining. The story itself about how love at first sight brought them together seems pretty cheesy, but at the time it is very touching. I like a lot of the elements used in the book including the rhyming, onomatopoeia, and personification. Overall I get confused about the differences in the households (who is who). But watching the videos on it is helping me. I cannot wait to continue reading this play. So far i give it a 4/5.

3 comments:

  1. Honestly, this story is kind of overrated and an overused story. The story is popular out of all of the plays written in the 1600s.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This story was interresting and did have all those elemants I think you did a very good job explain!(:

    ReplyDelete
  3. I agree with your post I also think that the play is interesting and I enjoyed reading it!

    ReplyDelete