Recently I have started the book “Allegiant” by the author
Veronica Roth. This book differs from the other 2 books in the trilogy because it
has more than one protagonist that you read as. By this I mean each chapter is
a different person that you are reading as. I find this element that she chose
very revealing, it brings out the inner thoughts of characters that you had
wondered about. At the same time I feel that it makes the story hard to
understand due to the fact that the two characters are very different. This element that she incorporated is very
similar to what they do in the book “BZRK”. I did a review on the book “BZRK”
and only gave it 3/5 stars.
This story plot so far is very fluctuating, it can
be very mellow and then complete chaos. Personally I like it when a plot fluctuates
because it leaves you on the edge of your seat anticipating what’s going to
happen next. Also the main character is very bipolar, she is so unpredictable
which is why I love her, I think she acts a lot like me.
The vocabulary in the
novel is very straight forward and uses a decent amount of slang. The slang I think
just shows how all of the characters are still young and even though they live
in a different time they speak similar. On page 77 it says “Learning about factories.
I can’t wait” he smirks” This just
shows how similar they speak because of the sarcasm he used. So far I think this book is very well written but hard to comprehend the transition between characters.
this book sounds really good. i like how you had your quotes the you had a strong reason why you had them there. this books remeinds me of the hunger games and sounds like a good book.
ReplyDelete