Today I am blogging about concussions. I decided to do this after having a very severe one during my football season this year. I got illegally blindsided resulting in an immediate concussion. This changed my life because I was taken out of football for 3 weeks, I have trouble concentrating, and my grades have lowered.
I was extremely lucky though; I continued to play that game and continued to get hit. Usually when you continue to play you get something known as second impact syndrome. This is when you continue to play and you get a concussion on top of a concussion. This can lead to severe permanent brain issues and even death. Concussions statistics are rising every year as players get bigger and stronger.
The only way we can begin to stop the dangerous rise of impacts, is by coaching. The coaches need to begin coaching the fundamentals of football and learn the symptoms of concussions:
- dizziness
- clumsiness
- confusion
- headache
- sensitivity to light and sound
If you notice any of these symptoms it is important to report it to a coach or trainer. I read a blog on the effects of concussions and read about how to prevent them and how the national drug association is trying to limit them as much as possible. CLICK HERE TO READ IT
No comments:
Post a Comment